Privacy & Data Policy
This policy covers all data that is shared by a visitor with us whether directly via harrisonseds.co.uk (or any sites owned by Glassfibre Flagpoles Ltd) or via email.
This policy provides an explanation as to what happens to any personal data that you share with us, or that we collect from you either directly via this Website or via email.
There are a number of lawful reasons for us to collect and use your personal data. Unless we are using your data based on consent or to carry out obligations under contract then it will be relying on a legal obligation.
1.INFORMATION WE COLLECT
In order to deliver our products & services, we need to collect and use your personal data. We will only collect the data we need and if we don’t need your personal data we will keep it anonymous.
Through our Website we may collect and process the following data about you:
- Details of your visits to our Website and the resources that you access including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblog statistics and other communication data.
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website, such as when you register to receive information such as a newsletter or contact us via the contact us page.
- Information provided to us when you communicate with us for any reason.
Such information will not identify you personally, it is statistical data about our visitors and their use of our site. This statistical data does not identify any personal details whatsoever. It is used by us to analyse how visitors interact with the Website so that we can continue to develop and improve this Website.
A cookie is a string of information that a website stores on a visitor’s computer, and that the visitor’s browser provides to the website each time the visitor returns. . They help us to improve our Website and the service that we provide to you.
Any advertising featured on this Website or third-party platforms may also incorporate cookies, over which we have no control. Such cookies (if used) would be downloaded once you click on advertisements on our Website.
You are able to decline cookies on your computer. This can be done by activating the setting on your browser which enables you to decline the cookies. Please note that should you choose to decline cookies, you may be unable to access particular areas or benefit from some functions of our Website.
For more information on cookies you can read the guidance at All About Cookies.
3.HOW WE USE YOUR DATA
We may need to use and collect your personal data so that we can:
- Deliver, manage, and check the quality of products & services that we provide to you,
- Investigate complaints or concerns raised by you or other individuals,
- Assist with the research and planning of new services.
- We may share your data between departments within the companies so that we can keep our information on you as up-to-date as possible and so that we can improve our services to you.
- Employees may only access your personal data if they require it to perform a task. There are procedures and checks in place to ensure that employees can not use your data for their own personal benefit.
- Inform you of company updates, products and offers, if you have opted in to receive such information by email, post or telephone.
4.SHARING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
In order to deliver the best possible service, we often use third party organisations. These organisations will sometimes require access to your personal data in order to complete their work. If we do use a third party organisation we will always have an agreement in place to ensure that the other organisation keeps your data secure.
The information that the companies hold is currently all held within the UK. However, if in future, some information needs to be held on computer servers which are outside of the UK, the companies will take all reasonable steps to ensure your data is not processed in a country that is not seen as ‘safe’ by the UK government or by the EU.
If the companies do need to send your data out of the EU, we will ensure it has extra protection from loss or unauthorised access.
4.1 Other Organisations
Occasionally the companies are required to pass your data to other organisations. This could be because of a legal requirement or because a court orders us to do so.
4.2 Statutory Functions
The companies will only share personal data with another organisation if we have a lawful basis to do so and will always keep records of when your data has been disclosed to another organisation.
5.PROTECTING YOUR DATA
The companies are committed to keeping the personal data that it holds safe from loss, corruption or theft. It has a number of measures in place to do this including:
- Training for all employees on how to handle personal data,
- Policies and procedures detailing what we can and can not do with personal data.
- A number of IT security safeguards such a firewalls, encryption, and virus protection software,
- On site security safeguards to protect physical files and electronic equipment.
We will only keep your personal data for as long as it is required to fulfil the purpose it was collected for, or for as long as is required by contract or legislation.
There are different retention periods for different types of information. The HR specific privacy notice, is the main one of concern to us and explains how long that we will keep employee-related information for.
6.YOUR DATA PROTECTION RIGHTS
Data Protection legislation gives you, the data subject, a number of rights in regard to your personal information. These rights are set out in our Data Protection Policy, a copy of which is available on request.
7.THIRD PARTY LINKS
You might find links to third party websites on our Website. These websites should have their own privacy policies which you should check. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for their policies whatsoever as we have no control over them.
We welcome any queries, comments or requests you may have regarding this policy please do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com
If you would prefer to write to us then our contact address is:
Glassfibre Flagpoles Ltd, Grindon Way, Newton Aycliffe, DL5 6SH
If you have concerns about the way in which we have handled your personal data then please contact us at the address provided above.